Thank you to everyone who applied to volunteer at VidCon Europe!
The volunteer application period is now closed.
All volunteers who complete a minimum of 8 hours of work will be reimbursed up to €100 for their VidCon Europe pass the month following the event.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT AS A VIDCON VOLUNTEER?
THINGS YOU WILL GET:
- An uber cool volunteer-exclusive t-shirt!
- A reimbursement of up to €100 on your pre-purchased VidCon pass once you complete a minimum of 8 hours of volunteer work.
- New friends, experiences, camaraderie, and other surprises that only volunteering at VidCon can provide.
- The unique feeling of satisfaction that comes from helping to create an experience for 6,000 members of the online video community. It’s like a delirious, warm, happy, bubbly, superhero feeling. Which is appropriate, because volunteers are VidCon’s superheroes.
THINGS YOU WON’T GET:
- Special access to YouTubers or backstage, the ability to cut in front of the line, or access to parties or receptions by volunteering.
- Unlimited choice of programming to attend, especially during your volunteer shifts. You will be assigned a position and duties based on your experience and/or skillset, so keep in mind that you may miss a show, panel, or event during VidCon because of your responsibilities as a volunteer.
IN ORDER TO APPLY, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years old by Monday, 3 April 2017. (If you are currently 17, but turn 18 before that date, you may apply. If you’re not going to be 18 by then: sorry! We hope to see you at VidCon Europe anyway.)
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have already purchased a pass to VidCon. No exceptions.
- Must submit an application during our submission period: 5 January 2017 – 1 February 2017. We will not accept applications before or after this date range.
- We are not able to offer complimentary lodging or transportation.
- All volunteers are required to provide 8 hours of service to receive reimbursement (up to €100) for their VidCon pass.
- If you have previously volunteered at VidCon, that does NOT necessarily guarantee you a volunteer position at this year’s event. It does, on the other hand, guarantee you our undying gratitude.
- There are a limited number of positions available, so we will mostly select volunteers based on availability and experience.
- If you have not yet purchased your pass to VidCon, please purchase your pass before applying. If you are not registered, your application will be null and void, and those words make us feel very sad.
- We will be refunding up to €100 of your pass AFTER VidCon. All hours must be verified first to make sure a minimum of 8 hours were completed.
- This is an at-will volunteer opportunity. If you do not work your assigned shift or otherwise fail to fulfill your duties, you can be dismissed for any reason by your reporting manager and no partial refund will be applied.
- Applying multiple times and emailing VidCon will not increase your chances in the program, and will instead result in a null and void application. Put that spam in a can!